Friday, December 2, 2011

My alter ego - Inggrid the Newscaster

I had just finished my fall quarter at Northwestern University's Integrated Marketing Communications program. Although I still have two more quarters left before graduating with my M.S. in IMC, I have learned a lot from this program. One of the three courses that I took this fall was Customer Value Innovation--taught by a very thought-provoking instructor.

Yesterday, he asked me about my TV reporting background. He said, "You must be famous! People must've recognized you (outside of the TV station)!" I replied, "Nope, not really... because I look very different on TV than I do in real life." He didn't believe me and so I showed him this video of my work from the days I reported and anchored for NBC.


Inggrid Yonata's Demo Reel from Inggrid Yonata on Vimeo

His jaws dropped to his amazement and he kept on repeating, "Whoaaa... you look SO different!" at least a dozen times within 5 minutes before the class started.

We all have our own alter ego, whether we realize it or not. Human beings are fascinating like that! Our characters are multidimensional. We just have to know how to make the best out of each of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment