Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Wedding Dress & Charity Survey

This week, many of my friends received an e-mail from me about a survey. Some have wondered "What is Inggrid up to?"

My independent study project goal is to use what I have learned from Medill's Integrated Marketing Communications program to look into innovative ways to raise funds for worthy nonprofits. The survey is intentionally set-up the way it is because I want to understand two things:
  1. The cultural biases people have about wearing their wedding dress again 
  2. What kinds of charities do Chicago women donate to & how do they choose? 
No, it's not about selling your wedding gown for charity. I did mention that this was going to be an innovative fundraising strategy. So, if I get enough responses on the survey, something good is going to come out of this in real life and you will have played a major role in this innovative thinking process. :)

The magic number to make this survey worthwhile is at least 1,000 women in Chicago-land. Right now, I've got 34 survey respondents. As you can see, I need your help to make this possible. Feel free to e-mail, tweet, and post the survey to women you know owns or will keep their wedding dresses.

You can use this link to send the survey to your friends: http://svy.mk/NNAhl6
If they want to know more, please forward them my blog link: yonatafu.blogspot.com


In case you haven't completed one yet, please do so before next Friday, August 17th:

CLICK TO TAKE THE SHORT SURVEY

The following is an excerpt from my previous blog post, dated June 6, 2012:
"I've told my husband even before we got married that I would like our family to be involved in philanthropy. I believe that we should live to impact the lives of other people for the better. That's the legacy we should all strive for. My particular interest is in giving money to deserving non-profit organizations.

No, I'm not wealthy enough to be a philanthropist such as Bono, Bill Gates and the like. But I believe wealth is NOT a prerequisite--ingenuity, passion, and determination are. As mentioned above, I'm embarking on a summer-long independent study project at Medill. In essence, I will work on designing a model for running a non-profit the IMC way."


Thank you for supporting me!
Inggrid Yonata-Fu

No comments:

Post a Comment